10032 Accounting Manager
Solar Trust of America is an integrated solar industrial solutions company strategically positioned to support the critical need for renewable solar energy generation in the United States. Formed in 2009, Solar Trust is actively engaged in the southwestern U.S. in development and construction of utility-size solar thermal power plants that employ proven, highly efficient and commercially viable solar thermal technology. (Please visit http://www.SolarTrustofAmerica.com for additional information.) We areheadquartered in Oakland, CA and have an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career to the next level and make an impact in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Candidates must have a well rounded and progressive general accounting background with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience to be considered. System implementation and Navision knowledge is a strong plus. This role is responsible for a full range of accounting activity including day-to-day management of accounting department; manage the bi-monthly payroll function, in charge of consolidation and maintain chart of accounts.
• Manage the monthly close of four entities and perform timely consolidation;
• Manage a team of three in the areas of accounts payable, general ledger and payroll.
• Review invoices, credit card transactions and expense reports and journal entries;
• Review the balance sheet account reconciliation prepared by the staff accountants;
• Manage the Company’s online expense reporting tool; and be the owner of the new accounting system that the Company is implementing;
• Manage chart of accounts; and provide guidance in providing coding as the company is growing and business changes constantly;
• Manage the weekly check runs to ensure proper reviews are done before check signing;
• Be the primary contact person for inquires coming from the parent company; and ensure a clean and timely quarterly review and yearend audit;
• Assist and help in creating accounting policies and procedures;
• Work with direct report to establish goals and objectives; and
• Other projects as assigned.
• BS in Accounting/Finance;
• Big Four or large regional firm CPA highly preferred;
• Minimum of 8 years of combined payroll and general accounting experience; with two years supervisory experience;
• Both start up and public traded company experience preferred;
• An ability to draft quarterly report and prepare cash flow statements preferred;
• Navision/Great Plains knowledge is a strong plus; and
• Expert knowledge of QuickBooks.
• Hands-on manager who will roll up sleeve if necessary; coach and mentor the team;
• Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• A team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to SolarJobs . All documents submitted must be MS Word attachments and the file names must follow the following format with a subject line of “[Your Name: Last, First]: 10032 Accounting Manager, Resume”. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
Please include where you heard about the job in your cover letter. No calls please.
Solar Trust of America is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff.
Filed under: Unassigned |